Maximum contribution: €6000,-/€1500,- per month
The Juynboll Foundation wants to support talented future PhD-students by offering grants to prepare for PhD-tracks. This grant supports scholars for a period of around four months, by providing financial support to do preparatory research. This contribution is awarded based on monthly progress reports. Scholars can apply for this grant two times a year.
- The research has to comply with the aims of the Juynboll Foundation
- The applicant has been admitted to a PhD-track at Leiden University
- The applicant will do the preparatory research in Leiden, potentially combined with relevant field work related to the PhD-application.
- At the moment of application and at the moment of doing the preparatory research, the applicant does not have paid employment or only has a partial appointment.
- The grant will be awarded based on demonstrable good study results.
- The applicant has found a promoter for the future research.
- The applicant will need to take care of a valid visa for the duration of his or her stay in the Netherlands.
- The applicant will need to find suitable housing in the Netherlands and will need to pay for this housing from the awarded grant.
Services to be rendered
- Monthly progress reports on the basis of which the monthly grant will be awarded.
Applications must include
- A completed application form
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from two academic referees.
- A letter of recommendation of the intended promoter.
- A research proposal (maximum 1000 words), in which the idea and schedule of intended preparatory research is described.